Monday, August 01, 2005

I'm in love!

No...not any boy with a hot accent, but with this city! It is the most gorgeous city I've ever seen. I had trouble finding Eric, so I hiked up the hill near the castle where there was a hostel and bed waiting for me. Turns out the hostel is right across the street from the castle and I made it up the hill just in time to catch the last gorgeous rays of the sunset. I then went to a little pub down the street that had a special hostle menu (I got a burger for 2 quid!) and washed down my meal with a nice guinness. I then made it back to my hostle and was checking out the lounge area in which I ran into an Aussie named Peter who just moved up here for a job from London. It wasn't Peter that caught my eye, but rather the gorgeous building that sits right outside the back window and is all light up and surrounded by the purple haze of the evening light.

Not only that, but I totally feel like Edinburgh is the place to be in August. Not only is there the Fringe, but there's another arts festival that they just call the "Festival" and there is also a big military gala throughout the whole month with traditional song and dance called the Tattoo. This city also loves its tourists, with a nice tourist center downtown, and also the people are so welcoming. I was walking along the street and this old man made sure I knew where I was going and that I didn't have any questions. Everyone is so approachable, which was awesome after the long day of disappointments I had. Anyways...I'm going to take a hot shower and go to bed. Peace!

2 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, August 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey katie left you an e mail glad you found your way to scots land love mom

 
At 8:33 AM, August 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie!
Glad to hear Ireland was the fun you thought it would be, hope you got some shows at the festival and are now relaxing somewhere.
I've just finished climbing Mt Kilimanjaro myself, and obviously know the fun of the travelling!

Take care

Chris xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home