Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A walk in the park

So I spent today walking around Dublin...and when I say walk...I mean it. I think I logged around 10 miles on my feet today as I walked all the way from the hostel, across the river, around Temple Bar, and then all the way into Phonix Park, the largest city park in the world that's over 700 acres big! I saw the President of Irelands resisdance...which closely resembled the white house, however it's actually located in the park...so it is surrounded by nothing but serenity.

Tomorrow will be spend at St. Patrick's Cathedral, Trinity College, the Old Jamison Distillery and of course....the GUINNESS STOREHOUSE!!!! Hopefully I'll still be able to stand by 5pm!

I'm loving Ireland, and I'm planning on making a trip out to Galway. Supposedly that is the place to be this time of year due to the Galway Races (a 24 hour party) and of course I'll have to take a trip out to the Aran Islands...home to Ireland's richest archaeological sites going all the way back to the celts. County Galway is also supposedly the most authentic place in Ireland as many of the residents still speech Irish.

Dublin is great, but I can't wait to see more of the country! Last night in the bar every Irish chap in there was making fun of me becasue I'm American, but I told them that I know they're just joking, becasue my family makes fun of me the same way! Now I know where you all get it from...it's that Irish blood.

Sorry for the brevity, but my internet is running out. Dad - sorry I'm not answering your questions. Mom - read your email! :)

Talk to you all soon!

2 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, July 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kate, I am reading your postings with great interest; you are making the most of the Ireland/Scotland tour. The "dig" sounds like something you will really love. I am so glad that you found the way and the will to extend your trip to catch all the extra stuff. Love, papa

 
At 7:17 PM, July 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate, its now 7/30/05. Please
contact us ASAP we need to keep in touch. Love, Papa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home