Friday, August 05, 2005

Edinburgh in a nutshell...

...it's awesome! Day one was spent walking around the city and exploring the castle. The castle was super touristy, but I was able to see most of it with not being too annoyed. I saw the crown jewels of Scotland, which were cool because they were actually hidden in the Castle for years before anyone thought to recover them. I accidently went in the exit of the room where they're dispayed, so I didn't have to queue! Day two was spent walking a bit more and then going to see the Palace at Holyrood, the offical residence of the Queen in Scotland. I thought it was kind of small, but I did see the room where Sean Connery was knighted. I then went and saw Eric's show. After that we hung out, got a bit to eat, and drank a bit. The next day other (lighting) Eric and I climbed Aruther's Seat which is this really cool mountain/rock outcrop in town. It's hug and once we got to the top, it proved a bit windy, but the 360 view of the city from the mountains out to the ocean was unbelievable! We made it back just in time for that afternoon's performance, which ran a lot better then day one! Eric and I then met up later for dinner and after we met up with everyone for a night of drinks and merryment, in whic hI just returned from and I have to leave for the bus station in an hour in order to catch my 6:101am flight! There's no way I'm going to miss it this time, becasue I'm not even going to sleep!

Thinking back, this trip has been amazing. There has been the ultimate disappointments, like missing my flight and Dublin just not being what I expected, but there has also been amazing surprises, like Edinburgh and the hospitality of the people I've met along the way. I almost wish I could stay in Edinburgh longer, because I'm feeling settled with my friends here and the Fringe hasn't even offically started yet! But that's life, and I'm very much looking forward to when I come back. I've learned a lot about myself, especially that I can travel by myself, which has not only been eye opening, but also very much liberating. I highly recommend everyone travel by themselves at one point, becasue while doing so I have experienced so much freedom. Anyways, I shall right more when I get home. I'm really sad my trip must end, but we all must return to reality eventually, and being optimistic...I couldn't think of a better place or a better way to end my trip then here. Talk to you all from the other side of the Atlantic. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home